I don't know about you guys, but when I'm not feeling well, I always enjoyed the Vicks disks that you would stick in the shower and it would release vapors and open up your sinuses. Well, I haven't seen them in the store for a long time and today I was pleasantly surprised when I came across a make your own recipe on pinterest.com.
Here is the link to the actual page where this came from
Sarah's Homemade Vicks Shower Disk Thingies
-Essential oils: eucalyptus, rosemary, and lavender.
1) Add baking soda to a mixing bowl. Updated to add - I don't really measure. Maybe 2-3 cups?
2) Slowly add water until you've made a thick paste. Updated to add: add just a little water a time. You'll want the mix to feel like putty.
3) Add 15 drops of each essential oil.
4) Spoon in to a muffin tin, and let sit out for 12-18 hours. You can also bake these, but I just left them out overnight.
5) Pop these suckers out of the paper liner, plop it in your shower, and let the essential oils steam away your stuffy nose. Edited to add: put them anywhere on the floor of the shower; it doesn't matter where!
I can't wait to try these on my own.