Sunday, January 24, 2010

Julie & Julia

I am watching the most wonderful, charming movie right now....Julie and Julia.

Rent it, buy it, who cares how you get your hands on it, just get it!!!!!

I have never been interested in Julia Child. As a child she always seemed so comical on her cooking show that I never took her seriously. Also, as a child, I was never interested in the art of cooking. Now, as an adult, a housewife, a woman, I find myself googling recipes and looking through cookbooks at the bookstores. Now, after watching this movie, I love Julia Child! Not only was she such a wonderful cook, she was a wonderful person. She seems like such a caring, carefree woman - who never showed worry on the outside and could make friends with anyone. Someone I would love to meet any day. Another note - Meryl Streep, did a wonderful job portraying Julia. In my opinion, this is her best movie yet.....

Here is the link to Julie's blog (yes, she still writes on her blog) http://juliepowell.blogspot.com/. The movie takes place in 2002 though, so you then have to follow her link to to the "Julie/Julia Project begins and click back to 2002 on the calendar. She seems like such an interesting person and I love how straight forward she is in her writing. She kind of reminds me of me, when I started my blog.

Next step after this, buy the book. I know, with this next week off from work, I will be running to Barnes & Noble and will be reading this book.

Go to her blog, read her book, cook the recipes, see the movie - experience JULIE & JULIE!
P.S. I just saw the ending....and I'm a little disappointed. It never said if Julie and Julia meet. Why????? Very disappointed (but still want to get the book and read Julie's blog)!
P.S.S. I did some searching, and according to an interview with Julie - she never was able to meet Julia. Very sad....

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you. The movie was super cute. I hated the ending though. Did Julia really hate the blog and if so why? Still a good movie though. Just turn it off before the ending!

    ReplyDelete

Check out my crafts. They make a great gift!!!