The whole bridesmaid role is kind of exciting....and frustrating!
Lauren picked out a very nice strapless dress for her bridesmaids (thank goodness I lost a bunch of weight) in peridot from David's Bridal. The only thing is, ever since my wedding, I have had nothing but bad luck with David's Bridal.
- They failed to mention all the additional charges for alterations when I purchased my wedding dress from them and my mother got so mad she had to leave the store, so she wouldn't embarrass me in front of everyone at David's Bridal.
- I went to order my bridesmaid dress and it took forever to have someone even talk to me.
- I finally walked out of one David's Bridal location after being there for 2 hours. Amazingly, I knew the dress I wanted, the size, color, and shoes before I even got there. You would think it would be a painless procedure right? NOT!
- I ended up calling my order into another location and they told me I had to call another location in another state had them ship me my items.
- My dress had to be ordered direct from the factory because they discontinued the color.
- When I went to pick up my dress I thought I would order my shoes at the same time. I was left alone to go through all the shoes while the salesperson disappeared. I stood there in my dress, barefoot for 45 minutes waiting for someone to check their stock for my size.
- Also, my dress needed alterations. I took it to a local dry cleaner to hem 2 inches, and they told me I could pick it up next Thursday, we leave for Vegas Saturday morning (cutting it short - just a little).
Now that I have vented....
Next week is when everything will come together, I have my hair appointment, I will get my nails done, I will pick up my dress from being hemmed and cleaned and we will be driving to Vegas for the wedding. Keep your fingers crossed everything runs smoothly. My luck I will end up with purple hair, my dress will be too short and I will brake my arm the night before.
Too be continued....