Saturday, June 20, 2009
I have no idea what I am going to use her on, but I thought she was too cute to pass up.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
The whole bridesmaid role is kind of exciting....and frustrating!
Lauren picked out a very nice strapless dress for her bridesmaids (thank goodness I lost a bunch of weight) in peridot from David's Bridal. The only thing is, ever since my wedding, I have had nothing but bad luck with David's Bridal.
- They failed to mention all the additional charges for alterations when I purchased my wedding dress from them and my mother got so mad she had to leave the store, so she wouldn't embarrass me in front of everyone at David's Bridal.
- I went to order my bridesmaid dress and it took forever to have someone even talk to me.
- I finally walked out of one David's Bridal location after being there for 2 hours. Amazingly, I knew the dress I wanted, the size, color, and shoes before I even got there. You would think it would be a painless procedure right? NOT!
- I ended up calling my order into another location and they told me I had to call another location in another state had them ship me my items.
- My dress had to be ordered direct from the factory because they discontinued the color.
- When I went to pick up my dress I thought I would order my shoes at the same time. I was left alone to go through all the shoes while the salesperson disappeared. I stood there in my dress, barefoot for 45 minutes waiting for someone to check their stock for my size.
- Also, my dress needed alterations. I took it to a local dry cleaner to hem 2 inches, and they told me I could pick it up next Thursday, we leave for Vegas Saturday morning (cutting it short - just a little).
Now that I have vented....
Next week is when everything will come together, I have my hair appointment, I will get my nails done, I will pick up my dress from being hemmed and cleaned and we will be driving to Vegas for the wedding. Keep your fingers crossed everything runs smoothly. My luck I will end up with purple hair, my dress will be too short and I will brake my arm the night before.
Too be continued....
I went on their website recently and noticed that they have different categories of face shapes for their sunglasses. You can search either by face shape or skim through their entire inventory.
I found this aide to be very helpful, for it is so hard to find a good pair of sunglasses that compliment a round face.
Good job Macy's!
Video Courtesy of
Video Courtesy of KSL.com
The EOC building, in which we are located, started it's open house yesterday. A lot of media came by to tape the new building, shots of the dispatch center and the new EOC. Here is some video of KSL's broadcast on our opening. Fortunately I didn't have to speak this time, but there are some good profile and hand shots of yours truly.
You may go to the following link for the full article:http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6827752NOTE: Thank goodness I have an appointment to get my roots done next week.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Here is the trailer:
The first season of Designing Women is finally out. I remember watching this show right before Golden Girls on the Lifetime channel every weekday. I loved Delta Burke's character, and couldn't stand her sister Julia, played by Dixie Carter.
The Jetsons set is the second season, volume one. I already purchased Season one a while back and was really excited when I saw the second season came out on dvd. I remember watching the Jetsons on Saturday mornings as a kid and still enjoy watching it as an adult, seeing how technology has caught up to this futuristic cartoon.