Sunday, March 15, 2009

Body of Lies

When I say that I just saw "Body of Lies", I'm not talking about a "adult" movie. I'm talking about a new release starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. When I saw the trailer for this movie, I was dreading watching it with some of the gals from work. Well, when they say, "you can't judge a book by it's cover", they mean it. This movie was surprisingly VERY GOOD! We had to watch the movie in two installments, and I tell you, I couldn't stop thinking about how the movie was going to end.

Here's a summary:
A CIA operative, Roger Ferris, uncovers a lead on a major terrorist leader suspected to be operating out of Jordan. When Ferris devises a plan to infiltrate his network, he must first win the backing of cunning CIA veteran Ed Hoffman and the collegial, but perhaps suspect, head of Jordanian intelligence. Although ostensibly his allies, Ferris questions how far he can really trust these men without putting his entire operation--and his life--on the line


If you have a chance to rent this movie, check it out. It is rated R, so no kids allowed and there is a lot of violence and language, but a very interesting situation, no T & A (which is rare now-a-days) and great acting. I never really got into Russell Crowe's acting, but he does a great job in this role. I actually enjoyed watching his character react to different issues that his counterpart Leo was going through, getting his booty kicked by terrorists on the other line, while coaching at his kid's soccer game and taking his little boy to the bathroom. Even though it was clear he was a very important person, who was dealing with intense situations through Leo, he still contributed to his fatherly duties. Very cute moments. I know, I'm crazy, a rough and tough movie where every other word is a curse word, I find tenderness in the middle of it all. I can't help it, I'm a girl, we love that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Check out my crafts. They make a great gift!!!